Every year I take a look at my goals from the previous year and set new ones for the upcoming year. This year I’m about two and four halves for 11. Not a great showing, but still, I think progress has been made.
- Finish ScreenwritingU’s ProSeries and graduate into the PS Alumni.
- 52 blog posts and 1000 visits a month by the end of the year.
38 blog posts and about 500 visits per month. Like last year, I hit some major lulls, so the overall average is moving up, though I think it could continue to go up more with more consistent posting.
- A stage show at TRF, getting paid a living wage for the time I put in. Write and publish a book of poetry (written by my character) that I can sell as part of that.
No, although there has been some progress there. I expect to achieve this result next year.
- Sign with an acting agent and land 2 auditions per week.
Done the first part, not so much the second.
- Land a paid screenwriting gig.
I realized recently that I’ve had a lot of opportunities here that I’ve self-sabotaged. In 2005 I landed a paid screenwriting gig, simply because I did the work on a spec project that someone contacted me for and asked me to work on with them. Over the past few years, though, over and over I’ve seen some kind of opportunity to work on a project that I then just haven’t done the work on.
- Edit 6 books. Close sales on two more ghost writing projects.
2, and 1.
- Pay off all interest-bearing debt (including the car I just bought) and max out my wife’s and my IRAs for 2012.
Paid off a lot of that debt, though not all of it. In the process of buying a house.
- Finish three personal writing projects, and a rewrite of one more.
I finished that rewrite and am finishing another personal writing project right now.
- Semi-finalist in at least one national screenplay contest.
- Direct a feature film, or at least start pre-production on it.
- Bring internal peace and confidence to the likelihood that my wife and I will be having children in the near future.
We’re pregnant! So, there’s that …
I’ve got more work to do before setting my 2013 goals, so that’s going to be done in a separate post. I’m going to plan for awesomeness, though.